Author: Tammy Gangloff, Steven Gangloff, and September Ferguson
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Informative and well-organized: The book is packed with valuable information, clearly presented, and easy to understand. The authors provide thorough explanations of the dehydration process, troubleshooting tips, and storage recommendations.
- Extensive recipe collection: With nearly 400 recipes, the book offers a vast array of options for using dehydrated ingredients. The recipes range from simple to complex, catering to all levels of cooks.
- Focus on just-add-water meals: The book includes a dedicated section on creating just-add-water meals using dehydrated ingredients, which is perfect for camping, backpacking, or emergency preparedness.
- Beautiful visuals: The book features numerous color photographs that showcase the finished dishes and illustrate the dehydration process.
- Some recipes require additional ingredients: While the book focuses on using dehydrated ingredients, some recipes call for additional fresh or canned ingredients. This may be a drawback for readers who are looking for strictly just-add-water meals.
- Spiral binding may not be durable: The book is available in both hardcover and spiral-bound editions. While the spiral binding allows the book to lay flat, it may not be as durable as the hardcover edition for long-term use.
“The Ultimate Dehydrator Cookbook” is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn about food dehydration and create delicious and nutritious meals using this method. It is especially valuable for those interested in long-term food storage, backpacking, or simply finding new ways to preserve and enjoy seasonal produce. With its wealth of information, helpful tips, and tempting recipes, this book is sure to become a go-to guide for dehydrating enthusiasts.
- The book has received positive reviews from readers and reviewers, with many praising its comprehensiveness, informative content, and delicious recipes.
- The authors also have a website and YouTube channel dedicated to food dehydration, which provides additional resources and inspiration.